Job vacancy details
Admin Assistant/School Receptionist
Location: Reading RG30 2RW
Salary: RG3 £8.85 – £10.44 per hour, depending on experience
Working Pattern: Term-time only plus 5 inset days • 33.75 hours per week, 8.30am – 3.45pm
Closing date: 3 November 2017
We are seeking to appoint a flexible, hardworking and welcoming Admin Assistant to work in our main school reception area.
Your duties will include:
• being a friendly face to parents, staff, visitors and pupils
• providing efficient administrative support across many aspects of the school
• liaise with staff for the booking and co-ordination of trips, clubs, and various wide ranging activities
• maintaining training records and booking courses.
You will need:
• excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
• good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and confident in the use of other operating systems
• be well organised, approachable and enjoy varied tasks
• recent experience, skills or knowledge of reception or admin in a school setting would be an advantage.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Further information regarding this position can be found on the school website: www.wilsonprimary.co.uk/vacancies.html
To apply, please download an application and a declarations form from the website. Completed forms must be received by the closing date. Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 3 November 2017
Interviews: w/c 6 November 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position requires an enhanced DBS check. This post is exempt from section 4(2) of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Wilson Primary School
Wilson Road, Reading, Berkshire RG30 2RW
Tel: 0118 9375573 • Fax: 0118 9375575
Headteacher: Yvonne Jackson