Job vacancy details
Location: Reading RG31 5TY
Salary: Grade F/WBC Spinal Point 21, £20,138 pa, pro-rata (approximately £18,074 pa)
Working Pattern: Required from September 2017 • 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8.15am – 4.15pm (including inset days and 2 extra weeks throughout the year)
Closing date: 21 August 2017
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Resources Officer to work as a member of the well-established Communications Team at Little Heath School, with specific responsibility for a range of duties including overseeing the day-to-day running of the school’s website, optimising written and visual content as well as maximizing our impact and visibility online. This is an exciting and varied role for someone with experience in a web content management or digital communications roles.
The Resources Officer will:
• take a leading role in the ordering of stationery and purchasing of resources for the whole school, liaising with departments and the Finance team
• arrange for servicing, maintenance and repairs for all photocopiers throughout the school
• support teachers by completing photocopying, binding, laminating and general reprographics tasks as requested in order to secure high standards of teaching and learning across the school
• provide a programme of technical support services to all students and members of staff
• maintain the school website and other social media, liaising with departments to update information on a regular basis
• develop other marketing and school resources in line with the school’s strategic vision, for example posters, banners and press advertisements
• work with other members of the school’s communications team to ensure that communication with parents and other key stakeholders is timely, efficient and professional, thus enhancing the reputation of the school.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1650 on roll, including 380 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that support staff need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others. We have been awarded the prestigious Research Mark award in recognition of the quality of evidence-based research in our work.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 943 9503 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21 August 2017
Interviews will be held on Thursday 24 August 2017
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Little Heath School
Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31 5TY
Tel: 0118 942 7337
Headteacher: Mr D Ramsden