Job vacancy details
Science Technicians (Technical Support Assistant)
Location: Reading RG31 5TY
Salary: Local Government Scale D, spinal point range 15 £17,072 – £19,430 pa (pro rata: £14,471 – £16,470 pa) • Local Government Scale C, spinal point range 15 £15,613 – £17,072 pa (pro rata: £13,234 – £14,471 pa)
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday, term-time including 1 inset day
Closing date: 21 August 2017
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and efficient Technicians to join our Science Department working in both the prep room and also the classroom to help support pupils and staff in practical aspects of the curriculum. You will need to demonstrate the ability to operate in a flexible way, adapting to the ebbs and flows that the school year presents.
The Science Department offers a friendly and supportive environment in which to work. Teachers and Technicians work closely together to help each other deliver a good service.
• work as part of team to prepare, set up and tidy away experiments, equipment and materials required for demonstrations and class practical work
• help to improve standards of learning for all students by working with teachers and other support staff in laboratories/classrooms to support learning, particularly (but not exclusively) over practical work
• demonstrate the use of specific laboratory or other specialist science equipment, etc. to whole classes or small groups of students, in liaison with the Head of Department or classroom teacher
• undertake routine maintenance and safety checks on equipment and materials to ensure that specialist pieces of science equipment are in good working order (an ability to fault-find and repair electrical and other equipment would be an advantage but is not essential)
• ensure that laboratories and prep rooms are maintained to a safe and appropriately stocked standard.
Experience of working in a secondary school prep room is not an essential requirement since appropriate training will be provided.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1650 on roll, including 380 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links.
For an application form and information pack, please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 942 7337 or email@example.com Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: 21 August 2017 • Interviews: 24 & 25 August 2017
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer.
Little Heath School
Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31 5TY
Tel: 0118 942 7337
Headteacher: Mr D Ramsden